Affinity Code of Ethics
The following statements of Affinity Living Group's policy are our Ethical Standards of Conduct. It requires all of us to conduct our business and operations, not only in accordance with the law, but also with the highest standards of honesty and ethical conduct.
- Associates/employees are to provide services for residents that are of high quality and in accordance with ALG’s standards.
- Associates/employees will treat residents with dignity and respect and in a manner that is in the best interest of the residents, observing State and Federal legislation regarding resident rights.
- Associates/employees are expected to treat other staff with courtesy and in a professional manner at all times.
- Associates/employees are expected to treat State or Federal surveyors and regulatory agency staff with courtesy and in a professional manner. At no time will an associate offer anything of value to any individual to take action favorable to the Facility.
- Referrals from residents, physicians, other individuals, professionals or institutions shall be accepted without providing or offering anything of value in exchange for referrals.
- Associates/employees are expected to maintain records and charts regarding residents and reimbursement that are accurate and are expected to retain such records in accordance with ALG policies and regulatory directives on record retention and record keeping. All resident medical records and personnel files and records shall be confidential and shall be released only in accordance with HIPAA requirements and ALG policy.
- Property and equipment of each ALG community shall be used by associates/employees in the performance of their job duties and only for the community’s business and benefit.
- Associates/employees are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the job in a way that reflects the Company values of honesty, integrity and strength of character.
- Associates/employees are expected to be truthful at all times. Standing by and keeping quiet while someone else behaves in an unethical manner is the same as engaging in that behavior.
- Associates/employees must maintain a work place that is free of unauthorized drug or alcohol use, harassment or a hostile environment in any form.
- Associates/employees are expected to be familiar with the Employee Handbook and the procedures, duties and responsibilities described within the Handbook.
- Associates/employees are responsible for reporting any incident that they know, or reasonably believe, to be a violation of law or these standards.