Located in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Danby House is a state-of-the-art assisted living and Memory Care residence located in one of the state's most vibrant cities. Winston-Salem is also home to world-class medical facilities including Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, and Forsyth Medical Center, along with a host of shopping and cultural activities.
Currituck House combines all of the comforts of home with the health and personal care needed to live fully and comfortably. Our staff is dedicated to providing a safe, warm, engaging environment for everyone, whether a person needs help with a few daily tasks or the comprehensive support of our Memory Care Program. It’s all part of our mission to help every resident live their "best life."
Memory Care Program
- Specialized training for staff in Alzheimer’s and memory care, which may include techniques like validation therapy, reminiscence and personal history, behavior management, and life enrichment activities, and others
- Specially designed and secured physical environments, intended to help residents remain oriented and comfortable in their surroundings
- Structured and unstructured activities throughout the day, for groups or individuals
- Therapeutic menus and dining assistance to ensure proper nutrition and hydration, which can help minimize the symptoms of dementia and maintain overall health
- Secured entrances and courtyards, to help protect residents who may display exit-seeking behavior